Making it special
A funeral is an important step in coming to terms with the death of someone close. The funeral service itself allows people to share their feelings with family and friends. It’s an opportunity to celebrate a person’s life and to share memories.
For most people, organising a funeral is an unusual situation. The ways of observing funerals and the choices available to you are many and varied. Similarly, the costs and fees for the different parts of a funeral will also require your consideration. We can advise on all aspects of funeral planning, simplifying the whole process.
Grinter's Funeral Home Services
We are available on call whenever a death occurs. Our role is to relieve you from as much of the pressure of organising the funeral as possible. We’ll serve as your adviser, organiser, administrator and supporter to ensure your funeral choices are arranged sensitively and carefully.
Our service includes:
- Meeting the family and ascertaining their wishes
- Transporting the deceased
- Liaising with the doctor, hospital and coroner as necessary
- Registering the death with the authorities
- Organising newspaper notices
- Preparing, embalming, dressing and casketing the deceased
- Ensuring cultural and/or ethnic customs are observed
- Arranging and attending the service
- Providing service sheets
- Organising other service requirements such as video or audio recording
- Liaising with the florist, minister or celebrant
- Organising the burial or cremation with councils
It is worth noting that a funeral will typically require 16 to 20 hours of a funeral director’s time. Our fee also covers overheads such as premises, vehicles, staff salaries and a 24-hour service.